As a professionally run business, it is important for Fossflakes to create a work environment that attracts and retains motivated and skilled employees – our most valuable assets. Fortunately, we enjoy long employee tenure of 5.5 years on average and low turnover of just 8%.
As we set out to grow the business, we need to be more structured in our approach to competence development, diversity, inclusion, well-being at work, as well as health & safety.
- Continue the development of an inclusive and attractive workplace as we grow
- Create career options and development opportunities for employees
- Maintain the record on health & safety
- Focus on well-being
Goals for 2024
- Be well known locally as an attractive place to work
- To provide an attractive, safe and meaningful workplace for our employees – with no work-related accidents
- To be a diverse, equal opportunity employer – going an extra mile to give people outside the labour market another chance
- Ensure good opportunities for career development
Progress in 2022
- Formalised our employee competence development policy
- Supported employee requests for leadership training and forklift training
- Prioritised female applicants for open senior management position
- Employed 10% non-Danes and 8% with limited ability to work (‘Flexjob’ employees)
- Agreed to involve more employees in the sustainability programme
- No serious accidents - two minor incidents resulting in improved training and signage
- Two-page feature article on Fossflakes in local newspaper
For more about our actions and progress on this topic, download our 2022 sustainability report.
Fossflakes Sustainability Report 2022